Regulatory activity at all levels continues to accelerate as the cost of regulatory compliance continues to increase.
The pressure to maintain compliance with international, federal and state-level chemical regulations is immense, with the consequences of non-compliance potentially devastating to a company. Businesses struggle with how to control these costs and minimize the impact to their bottom lines.
A quick look at the regulatory landscape shows that regulatory compliance is a very significant driver in the cost of doing business. Regulations governing chemical manufacture, distribution, transportation and end use occur at every level and are increasing. Regulatory changes occur constantly and often.
- OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard/GHS
- IMDG – International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code/BS5609
- EU European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) - REACH/CLP
- US DOT/PHMSA Hazardous Materials Regulations
- US EPA – TSCA CDR, Safer Choice Program
- US Consumer Product Safety Commission/Federal Hazardous Substances Act – chemical labeling
- State regulations governing chemical product labeling, e.g. California’s Proposition 65 and Cleaning Product Right to Know Act
The impact of these diverse regulations is often an obligation by chemical producers, distributors, importers, transporters and end-users to update their labels and SDS at a minimum. The costs of maintaining compliance are often underestimated by the regulatory agencies.
Inevitably, businesses will find that their labels are out of compliance with new or revised regulations, and must be changed and updated. If you rely on pre-printed labels then you face the prospect of having to dispose of your inventory of out of compliance pre-printed labels and re-order new labels. This is a costly and wasteful disruption that can be avoided by utilizing digital, print-on-demand labeling.
A digital, print-on-demand labeling solution from Brandywine gives you the flexibility to easily incorporate changes to your labels when regulations change or new regulations take effect. We can help you maintain compliance without wasting time and money.
Ask Brandywine about digital, print-on-demand labeling solutions that help you mitigate the effects of disruption due to regulatory change.